Iwas recently going through my dad's computer and looking at some of the many, MANY pictures he has taken in recent years of friends, family and, in particular, Morgan County - home to the family farm.
My dad has always had a love of photography and the Ohio countryside and the two passions have often been combined to create something special.
It speaks to something I have come to believe and I know he believed, that incredible beauty is truly all around you, get your camera ready - even in a moving car.
I have enjoyed his photographs and thought sharing a few of them might be apt.
- Sto
I have known Uncle Russ since I was about 7. Mike is my best friend and I had the pleasure of being Pam's surrogate, local son when Mike was moved from Cleveland. The first time I ever met Russ was around Thanksgiving time in Shaker Heights, Ohio during one of his many chaotic visits. I was wearing my Buckeye uniform and jumping in front of the screen during the M@#higan (yes, not even here will I write that word) and a low snarled tone blurted out, "boy, you may be Michael's friend, but if you want to see your next birthday, you better get away from that tv set." That's my Uncle Russ. He is the smoothest, smartest cat I know. I will NEVER lose the sound of him calling Chris "STO or Boy" and Michael "Miguel." When he talks, I listen. When he sits without word, I do the same because he hears things nobody else does. I love you Rusty and Sto, Sharon, Mike, Nate and the rest of the gang, although I am not there in person, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteRuss, I'm so sorry to hear of your struggle. Although we weren't particularly close in high school, I always admired you as a "good guy", one who was always ready with a witty quip and a source of many smiles, if not laughs, and liked by all. When we look back on our lives, I think we all want to know our presence here has made a difference; and it's clear from this blog, that you have. You've touched many lives and the world is a better place, with your having been here... God bless you, and peace to you and yours... Don Ehman
ReplyDelete