Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

Today, Russ got off to a relatively rough start feeling somewhat confused and extremely exhausted - he had a hard time finding the right words to communicate - I can't imagine how frustrating that must feel - he did however find the words to greet my mom with "Hello Darling - you look beautiful today" - still sweet adorable loving Russ.

As the day progressed, he had both ups and downs - he had tests run out of Nuclear Medicine to check his liver again. Results should come back tomorrow and finally my mom can talk directly with his doctor.

It was great to see my mom and him today (we got back from HI at 10:30a) he asked how our trip was and was happy to see Liam - seemed a lot better than he had the previous 24-48 hours - we are grateful and hopeful with every good moment - thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!! Keep them coming.

More updates to follow...
 

10 comments:

  1. Dear Russ,
    The best Santa North Area every had!
    Always such a great person - and a darned good termite inspector to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good friend to so many of us Russ! I smiled when I saw your kissing photo and the other w/ your hat. Both pictures capture you perfectly. Thank you for your kindess, smile and wit. I'm sending back to you a few of the hugs you have shared w/ me over the years. I hope they comfort you as they've comforted me. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. XX00. Jamie Sutton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon And Russ I am so glad that you have such great support during this time of your lives. Reading these post reflect what wonderful people you are. Russ... You are right! The WEST side is the Best side! Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. God has blessed us with knowing you both. Judie Behling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have known Russ for the last 10 years and from the first time we worked together, he has been my “go to guy”. When I found out about his extra curricular activities, I could hardly wait to go to one of his “gigs”. What fun we had, Jean Boyd, Sue Dilworth and I, listing to all the songs that made up the fiber of my youth.
    Russ is the type of person we all aspire to be. I’m a better person for having the privilege to have him touch my life.
    Ginnie Swartz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russ, You are wonderful man who does not know The love and caring you have shared with all in your family, realtor community, and band, thoe who were lucky enough to be at one of your gigs how to say no to anyone. Thank you for all the times you have helped me and I know many others out of a jamb we ourselves have created.
    (Sorry I missed thoseA!) and everywhere else you went is felt and will be felt forever.
    I know that God will take care of you and your family as you go through this very difficult time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Betsy Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie Hoffmann GordonAugust 27, 2009 at 11:45 PM

    Dear Russ and family, When I heard what you are going through, I could not believe this could be happening to such a kind and good man. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    I have such wonderful memories. From growing up down the alley from you, through high school and then on into our 20's while we were both living out west. I truly cherish those memories, what fun we had!
    After all those years and even though I don't get to see you often, you are a true friend and I feel very lucky to have had you in my life.

    I know that God will take care of you and your family. Hang tough and please know how many people love you and the lifes you have touched.
    Love, Susie Hoffmann Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shot gold, maroon and violet, dazzling silver, emerald, fawn,
    the earth's whole amplitude and Nature's multiform power consign'd for once to colors;

    The light, the general air possess'd by them -
    colors till now unknown,
    no limit, confine - not the Western sky alone -
    the high meridian - North, South, all,
    pure luminous color fighting the silent shadows to the last.

    "In the free ev'ning of my day," he said, "I give you talk, thoughts,reminiscences, as idly drifting down the ebb,
    such ripples, half-caught voices, echo from the shore."

    How sweet the silent backward tracings!

    The wand'rings as in dreams - the meditation of old times resumed -
    their loves, joys, persons, voyages.

    How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Russ, a life well lived is a life full of love. I am a HS classmate who did not have the good fortune of knowing you very well in school. Your legacy is obviously the many people who care so deeply. As I read the many stories of your kind heart and thoughtful deeds, I am appreciating that your gift to us is Love, Family, and Laughter. May your family be blessed with the sweetest of memories of a life that touched many hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki McClatchey SmallSeptember 2, 2009 at 11:50 AM

    To The Family of Russ,
    I am very sad to hear about Russ. I was not a close friend but I knew him in JHS and HS.
    He was a great guy and from the stories I have read became a great man. I wish I would have had the chance to meet this wonderful man that you have all talked about again. I did not have the opportunity to attend any of the reunions. I have lived in the South for the past 30 years and the time just didn’t work out. To all my classmates out there, please live for each day. We all think we will have another chance. My prayers are with you in this time of sadness. Vicki McClatchey Small

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The Frenchman" was probably my best friend for a couple years during high school. Both non-jock, non-honor roll misfits at West High School, I can remember hanging out after school, and his constant complaints about his mom's "...f*cking tuna cassorole..." everytime I mentioned that I had better get home for dinner. We smoked, we drank, we generally raised (very benign) hell. I fondly remember re-newing our long lost acquaintance at the 40th WHS reunion, but wasn't diligent enough to stay firmly in touch. For that, I am very disappointed. Frenchie, you will be missed. Rest in peace, my friend...

    ReplyDelete