Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I love you Grandpa

As I explained to Haylie this morning that Grandpa went to heaven while we were sleeping last night, we started talking about the many things that she will miss most about Grandpa Russ. Haylie's words "I will miss when Grandpa sings to me, especially when I was a baby and he would sing me to sleep. I will miss going to the farm with him and when he fills up my swimming pool at the farm and he lets me ride the four-wheeler. I will miss when Grandpa kisses me and then I have to itch my face from his facial hair!"

I will miss him saying to Haylie each time she would see him "There's my special girl"!

Grandpa Russ was one of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His love for life and his family was just so neat to see, and WOW his love for his sweet wife was something extra special.

I will miss Russ's smile and his sarcastic spirit so much. I will miss the under the breath comments I could make and Russ jumping right on board with me!! I will miss him trying to get me and Daren to love Scotch on the rocks! I will miss my step-father-in-law that was full of life, fun, talent, and just the most adorable man.

I always know we will have an angel watching over us.

Aimee
  

2 comments:

  1. I am deeply saddened today. The world lost one hell of a man. Heaven just gained a huge asset as well as the dirtiest joke teller ever! My heart weeps for Sto & Family and Mike D. I watched his sister go down a long, painful and lonely path and am comforted knowing he is now with her and giving her a great laugh. Although not my blood Uncle, we had a closer bond than any of my uncles. Russ had a way to make EVERY person feel special. In the last few years, I would see Uncle Russ once or twice a year and every time I left his prescence richer. He could just stop time...He would ALWAYS ask how I was first. He would catch up on my kids and tell me I need to get down to the farm more. He was welcoming and genuine. I hope to see you all soon and share a cry and a laugh. I love you Rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ, I can't express how greatly you will be missed. I have known you for 10 years, seeing you every Monday of EVERY month for practice! You would make me laugh when you would stroll into the ladies practice with your hat on and a toothpick hanging out of your mouth. How you never choked on that darn thing, I will never know. And your laugh....it was contagious. You begin your new journey now. One without pain, one without illness. For those who were left behind...when it is our time to enter heaven, Russ will be waiting with open arms. Waiting to start a life of eternity... Until then Russ, I thank you for all of the wonderful memories that we have all had and I will miss you deeply! Sing on Russ, sing on!!

    ReplyDelete