Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Hour to Celebrate Russ

Hello,

I am a friend of the Campbell family and a close friend to their daughter, Sarah. I was devastated to hear of Russ's sudden and recent diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. My first thought is the same as so many others, "what can I do to help." After speaking with Sarah, we determined that the number one support for their family right now is continuing with the thoughts and prayers that everyone has so graciously been doing. So many of us have had someone close to us suffer and fight a courageous battle with cancer, it is a difficult and challenging disease that is often sudden and unexpected. Because no one can ever be pepared for this, I felt that helping out financially would help lessen the stress and relieve some of the worry that comes along with this disease.

This Friday, August 28 I will be at Giorgio Restaurant in Clintonville from 5pm-7pm to meet with family and friends who have been wondering how they can help the family. I thought this would be a simple way to meet and try to collect some financial donations to help support Russ and Sharon. Sharon and Sarah are planning on stopping in (depending on how this week goes). I will be collecting donations and will also have a big card for people to sign to send to Russ. If you are not able to stop by but would still like to help, you can send donations by mail. I would like to present this to Russ and Sharon by next week as Russ is not doing well at this time and is currently at the Kobacker House. If you have any questions, please call or e-mail me, my information can be found below. Russ and Sharon are wonderful people who are blessed to have so many caring and thoughtful friends and family members, please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.


We will meet Friday, August 28, 2009 at Giorgio Italian Restaurant between 5pm-7pm.
Giorgio is located at 2949 North High St., Cols, OH 43202 in Clintonville.

Stephanie Baird
266 E. Dunedin Rd.
Columbus, OH 43214
cell # 357-1210
hm # 670-5354

Thanks Everyone!
Stephanie
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello to Russ from Roberta Kayne. I am thinking of you and praying for you, and I thank you for everything you have ever done for me. I love the B&W photo of you in the hat! With love, Roberta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend,
    I have been sending lots of prayers your way and God's (of course). You have always been so very kind to me over these many years. Helping me out the spur of the moment. With all my heart, I truly believe that the Lord sends his Angels our way during these darkest moments. Angels helped me during my dark times. I am sending my angels your way. I love ya friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Russ,
    I cannot remember how many times you made my day when you showed up for a termite inspection. You always had a smile on your face and you always gave me a hug. I MISS THOSE HUGS. I am praying for you to get well and sending you a hug today!
    Karen Ramsey

    ReplyDelete