I just wanted to add a little something to the blog. Dad is doing okay right now and seems to be enjoying himself as the visitors and well wishers continue to stop by. It's truly nice to see all the people who care about my father. We had Tom Brackett and George Steimer in earlier this morning and the farm stories got rolling for a little while. Something about "air bathing" (see Ben Franklin) along Tri-Delphia Road at 2 a.m. after, "10 to 12 beers and about half a gallon of brown water" - Brackett. I'm still not sure about the science behind the practice but I'm not sure my dad and Brackett are either...
It's a tough situation and, while that doesn't change, it is possible to escape the 'here and now' in small increments. And the old man enjoys a good yarn. Bottom line, if you've got a good story come tell it and, if you don't, come down and hang out anyway.
The rest of us are holding up okay. Shom is strong and Daren and Sarah and Marsia have been great (Daren and Sarah deserve big thanks for the blog.)
Anyway, thank you to everyone who has already shown there support and given dad their thoughts and prayers - it never gets old.
Pops says he is just enjoying being around his people and the love he gets and gets to give. I suppose sometimes - often in the hardest times - it is just that simple.
He is also fond of saying "budget" and "envelopes" - stroke humor. He laughed.
But thank you, everyone.
- Chris
I was stunned by news of the illness. Russ, you are one of those people I just always picture as happy and smiling – the pictures capture your essence perfectly. You have been in our lives in one way or another and in Brian’s life in particular from the time he could toddle. For you not to be there is almost unimaginable. My prayers have been with you, those you love and those who love you from the moment I heard. Know that you will always have a special place in my heart, as will Chris as son number 4. My heart and my home will always be open to him and his family. God love you – we do. Maureen
ReplyDeleteDear Russ,
ReplyDeleteYou are one of our favorite people and someone we love to see pop in our office with the biggest smile and warmest greetings. You are such a positive, happy person~ and those great qualities will help you fight this tough battle. Hang in there, buddy. We will continue to pray for you and your family.
Love, Paula Koontz Gilmour and Diane Koontz